Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
From Wags to Whiskers, Inc. provides quality care of pets in the comfort, safety and familiar environment of their own homes. At the same time, we provide additional home services such as watering plants, bringing in mail/newspaper, rotating lights for security, taking garbage/recycling to the curb, etc.
Have a job you will love and will love you back!
Make some extra money doing what you love – spending time with animals! Having been in business since 2004, our business is booming and we are seeking new team members. This is a wonderful opportunity for former nurses, vet techs, military spouses and active retirees.
Our hours of operation are 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM, seven days a week. This job is a unique opportunity for graduate students, vet techs, military spouses, and active retirees. Your schedule can be personalized for when you want to work due to our extensive hours of operation. Therefore, we can accommodate other regular commitments, e.g., other jobs or schooling. Occasional availability on evenings, weekends, and holidays is a plus.
Visits to client homes are typically 20 or 30 minutes long. Dog walking assignments usually occur Monday to Friday, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, while folks work. Pet sitting visits are required when people are out of town for a few days.
Pet Sitter Responsibilities:
- Act as primary caregivers for pets while their owners are away
- Walk pets as requested
- Feed pets as requested
- Provide appropriate litter box, crate, or cage clean up as required
- Check that pets have ample, clean water supply and refill as necessary
- Patrol homes for accidents or damage caused by pets in the absence of their owners
- Clean any accidents or damage discovered in the homes of our clients
Our ideal pet care professional is the type of person who stops random dogs while walking in the park to say hello or someone who could spend hours happily cuddling and playing with kitties. Our reputation is on the line, so we are looking for the best of the best to join our team!
What’s in it for you?
- Have a fun and rewarding job.
- Wear comfy clothes all the time.
- Have a flexible schedule.
- Enjoy exploring the outdoors while your friends are sitting in offices.
- Make lots of new furry friends along the way.
- Brag to your human friends and family about your amazing job
Unlike most part-time jobs, you will receive a bonus check in the amount of one average week’s pay on your yearly anniversary.
Due to our expansive hours of operation, your schedule can be personalized for when you want to work. It can also accommodate other regular commitments, e.g., other jobs or schooling. Occasional availability on evenings, weekends and holidays is a plus.
By joining our team you will be working as an employee of our company, bonded and insured through our company. This is not an independent contractor position; you will receive a W-2 for tax purposes.
You MUST live in Virginia Beach to be selected for this position. We provide services to homes in the following zip code areas: 23451, 23452, 23453, 23454, 23455, 23456, 23462 and 23464.
Only apply when you know you can commit for at least 6 months. No summer or holiday jobs available.
To Join Our Team
- be over 21 years of age
- have a car, auto insurance, and a clean MVR
- have a cell phone with text message capability
- live in Virginia Beach
Additional Requirements and Qualifications
In addition to having a deep love of animals, you must also be:
- extremely detail oriented
- able to follow instructions
- responsible and dependable
- skilled at time management
- able to self-manage
- respectful of client confidentiality
- confident interacting with both small and large animals; prior animal training or behavior training a plus
- able to take detailed notes and communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- comfortable using a computer to access your schedule and have a personal email account you can access daily.
- flexible about last minute schedule adjustments due to cancellations and additions — life is unpredictable!
No phone calls, please!
All applicants are subject to a background check.