Earn extra money doing what you love – spending time with animals! Since 2004, From Wags to Whiskers, Inc. has provided quality care for pets in the comfort, safety, and familiar environment of their own homes. We care for dogs, cats, birds, and other small animals.
Our hours of operation are 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM, seven days a week. This job is a unique opportunity for graduate students, vet techs, military spouses, and active retirees. Due to our extensive hours of operation, your schedule can be personalized for when you want to work. Therefore, we can accommodate other regular commitments, e.g., other jobs or schooling. Occasional availability on evenings, weekends, and holidays is a plus.
Visits to client homes are typically 20 or 30 minutes long. Dog walking assignments usually occur Monday to Friday, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, while folks work. Pet sitting visits are required when people are out of town for a few days. Assignments often require evening and weekend visits.
Pet Sitter Responsibilities
· Act as primary caregivers for pets while their owners are away
· Walk pets as requested
· Feed pets as requested
· Provide appropriate litter box, crate, or cage clean up as required
· Check that pets have ample, clean water supply, and refill as necessary
· Patrol homes for accidents or damage caused by pets in the absence of their owners
· Clean any accidents or damage discovered in the homes of our clients
By joining our team, you will be working as an employee of our company, bonded and insured through our company insurance. This job is not an independent contractor position. You will receive a W-2 for tax purposes.
We only hire people that live in Virginia Beach. We service homes in the following zip code areas: 23451, 23452, 23453, 23454, 23455, 23456, 23462, and 23464.
Only apply if you can commit to at least six months of employment; no summer or holiday jobs are available.
- be over 21 years of age
- have a reliable car, auto insurance, and a clean MVR
- have a smartphone
- live in Virginia Beach